Monday, May 4, 2009

Moving

I moved last week from my home of 5 1/2 years into Living Hope's Mission home. What a blessing it is to have this home to move into. I feel so honored to be able to live here and well taken care of by a church that isn't even my own. What an amazing blessing that I cannot say enough about!

I anticipated the move being emotional. Yeah, I know, I'm not usually an emotional person, but I have loved my home and treasured it as a gift from the Lord. I also see this as the first real major step in actually leaving. So, Sunday night before the move last Monday, I thought a lot about it being the last night in my house and what Monday would be like. I thought that seeing the house empty would be sad and somewhat painful. Instead, I got up early to enjoy some coffee (as usual) and sat on my couch with the windows open listening to the birds singing and enjoyed the quiet and my time alone. Then, as the people who had volunteered to help arrived, there was joy and peace and good fellowship. I was thankful for the help that made the move go smoothly and quickly. We were done in 2 hours! As we arrived at the mission house, I felt excitement and more peace. I can't explain what a gift from the Lord this is. I will go through lots of transitions over the next several years so having this one go smoothly has been such a blessing.

Now, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I thought that moving out of my house and pairing everything down to just what I am taking with me would give me these next two months to rest, spend time with people and prepare more. Instead, I have realized I have to get rid of more of my things and the packing process will probably take most of the next two months to do. I am thankful for the 2 months and looking forward to what is ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff, Alice. I can totally picture you with your coffee cup. Let us know what we can do for your from Louisville--how we can pray for you, etc.

    ReplyDelete