Saturday, August 1, 2009

Training--Week #1

I arrived at my training on Tuesday of this week and will be here until the end of September. So far, so good. I'll have to admit having come to training before, I was not really excited about having to come again. However, it has been good to get to meet other folks going to the same city and country as me, as well as people going all over Africa and the world. This is the 4th largest training group sent out in the history of our organization--approximately 350 total including kids.

Yesterday, we had a spiritual retreat and then a time of sharing afterwards. There were many convicting and encouraging things that were said, but the most compelling thing shared was by a lady of Asian descent who talked about what had happened to her during the time she was waiting for her house to sell. She said that 3 times she fasted during the year of waiting. The 3rd time she fasted, the Lord asked her, "Are you willing to die for me?" Her answer was, "I love you Lord so yes." Yesterday, she said, "Now I don't know if I will have to die, but I think in that day, the Lord will take care of it."

Those statements put fully into perspective what all of us are facing. We do not know what is around the bend, but we trust, that in that day, the Lord will take care of it. We are given the grace to handle what is before us on the day that we need it.

I pray that this time here will be a time of surrender and preparation to all that is before and I'm glad to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Great web site Alice. Hope you are feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete